Text only (Large) | Text only (Small)

Axe and Bow

A Legolas and Gimli fan archive

Sorry! Hotkeys are not available on this page!

The day they told Thranduil

by Sleeveheart

Category:
Rating:PG-13
Warnings: None
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JRR Tolkien. No money is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
Feedback:
Summary: Thranduil took the news better than one might expect...
A/N:




Thranduil took the news better than one might expect.

His nostrils flared, his eyes bulged, and his face turned a rather blotchy red. He appeared to be trying to swallow a cup of salt. His furious eyes darted first to Legolas then to Gimli, then to random spots in the air as his chest heaved spasmodically. The corners of his mouth twitched several times and his hands fisted into tight balls. He made a few sputtering sounds, then closed his eyes and went deadly silent.

He finally opened his eyes and his lips frozen in the rictus of an attempted smile.

"Legolas. Master Dwarf. Your news takes me by surprise." He paused a moment to get his nostrils, which were doing weird things, under control. Then he said, between gritted teeth, "Gim-li, son of ..." (shudder) "...Gloin." He took deep breath and said, very fast, "Welcome to my family."

It cost him to say it, and he nearly choked on it, but he got it out. Then he just stood there like a statue, all his teeth on display like a furnace grill.

Legolas and Gimli muttered the proper polite forms as quickly as possible, and then hastily retreated from The Presence.

It wasn't ideal – no definitely not ideal – and Gimli and Legolas felt that they had escaped death by a hair's breadth, but still, it was better than one might expect.

~ Postscript ~

After they had left Thranduil deflated and dropped onto his throne. If Legolas had his heart set on a short and mangy dirt-grubber, so be it; affairs of the Elven heart were thwarted only at great cost. At least the repulsive little hairball ("Your new son-in-law!" the back of his mind gibbered madly) was of noble birth. He glanced at the walls of his palace and sighed. Maybe this is what came of raising impressionable elflings in a cave. ~



-End-

Return to top


Make an author happy today! Write a review.
 

Your name:

Your e-mail:
 


      

Return to top

Sorry! Hotkeys are not available on this page!
Issue No.: 2.6
Site Last Updated: 11 May 2003
Webmistress: Mogs
URL: http://axebow.hakaze.com/