Text only (Large) | Text only (Small)

Axe and Bow

A Legolas and Gimli fan archive

Sorry! Hotkeys are not available on this page!

Long Night

by Guanin

Category:
Rating:PG-13
Warnings: None
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JRR Tolkien. No money is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
Feedback:
Summary: A man alone with an elf and a dwarf. Poor Aragorn.
A/N: Just a quick idea that popped into my head.




It began subtly, only a faint rustle. A twig broke under a heavy foot. Leaves crunched as a body landed on the ground. More rustling as bodies shifted and clothes were removed. Lying several feet away, Aragorn winced and drew his cloak over his head.

*Ai, Elbereth, not again. They have been at this every night since we departed from the Anduin. Don't they ever sleep?*

The sounds continued regardless of his silent plea. Husky voices reached his ears.

"Hush, Gimli. We have to be quiet. Aragorn is sleeping."

*I wish I was.*

"I am being quiet. It is you who is making all the noise."

"I shall have you know that elves are the most quiet of creatures…"

The rest of the words were muffled. The noises did quiet down, to Aragorn's relief. He relaxed his tense muscles and tried to return to the land of dreams.

It didn't last. Much to soon the scuffling rose again, accompanied by low moans.

"Ai, Gimli."

Aragorn groaned with despair and pulled his cloak tighter about his ears. The moaning intensified. Aragorn whimpered.

"Legolas." A breathless gasp.

Aragorn stuffed the cloak in his ears.

Loud sounds of skin hitting skin.

He attempted to burrow his head into the ground.

After a seeming eternity, twin sounds of release resonated through the air. Legolas and Gimli settled down, producing only small breathing sounds. Aragorn sent a quick thanks to Elbereth and fell into an exhausted sleep.

The thought of what the hobbits might be suffering was the only thing that got him up in the morning. His limbs felt heavy; his eyes were itchy and red; he could not stop yawning; and he was not in the best of moods. He stared blearily at the rising sun and scowled. Legolas and Gimli looked surprisingly well-rested, to Aragorn's displeasure. He answered Legolas's greeting with a surly grunt.

When they recommenced the march, (and as Aragorn struggled to get his legs to work properly), he heard Legolas whisper.

"I told you we should have been quiet."



-End-

Return to top


Make an author happy today! Write a review.
 

Your name:

Your e-mail:
 


      

Return to top

Sorry! Hotkeys are not available on this page!
Issue No.: 2.6
Site Last Updated: 11 May 2003
Webmistress: Mogs
URL: http://axebow.hakaze.com/