Text only (Large) ¦ Text only (Small)

Axe and Bow

A Legolas and Gimli fan archive

Sorry! Hotkeys are not available on this page!

On the Subject of Titles

by Azarad

Category:
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: None
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JRR Tolkien. No money is being made and no copyright infringement is intended.
Feedback: Yes
Summary: On the Subject of Titles. Message Fragments found in Southern Archives...
A/N:





Dear Gimli, Lord of the Glittering Caves,

On the happy occasion of our third anniversary of surviving the Battle of Helm's Deep, your lordship is invited to an intimate candlelit dinner in the meadow under the ancient oak known as Greybeard. Casual dress, no crowns, no attendents.

RSVP by tomorrow sunset

Legolas, Elflord of the Emerald Forest of Ithilien


Legolas, my Elven Brother

I would be happy to attend a little supper under oaken boughs. I will bring the mead and the roast boar. Bring your own dear self, wearing the most casual of dress, a single Greenleaf, if you take my meaning. We will watch the fireflies and the shooting stars.

Gimli, son of Gloin, Axe Wielder, Hobbit Champion and Lord of the Glittering Caves


Brother in Arms and Lord of my Heart,

I await you under the crescent moon. Wine I will bring to toast our future together. A wreath of holly with berries like rubies, I will fashion for you. And songs I will sing of your valor and your prowess in battle. Bring a hearty appetite. You satisfy mine.

Legolas, Songsinger and Shipbuilder, Archer and Friend of Elessar, Warden of the Forest of Ithilien


Son of Mirkwood and Lord of the Southern Trees,

A necklace of emeralds I've fashioned for you. Green as the springtime and everlasting as your love. I count the long hours that separate us. May this message fly to you. I am on its heels and as you know, a dwarf at need is not a sluggard. I long for the winding of your arms about me, as rock loves the thick soft moss.

Gimli, Rockcarver, Gemcutter, heir to the Kingdom under the Mountain, Friend of Wizards and Elven Queens



-End-

Return to top


Make an author happy today! Write a review.
 

Your name:

Your e-mail:
 


      

Return to top

Sorry! Hotkeys are not available on this page!
Issue No.: 2.6
Site Last Updated: 11 May 2003
Webmistress: Mogs
URL: http://axebow.hakaze.com/